July brought some more cards than the previuos months and it was also an interesting month for UNESCO collectors like myself with the World Heritage Committee inscribing new properties to the World Heritage list. But first for the regular cards: In July I received 25 postcards from 12 different countries.
- Australia (2)
- Belgium (2)
- China (4)
- Czech Republic
- Finland (2)
- Germany (2)
- India (5)
- USA (3)
Eleven of the cards are from UNESCO World Heritage sites, with three new additions to my collection.
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- Purnululu National Park (Australia)
- Mount Taishan (China)
- The Great Wall (China)
- Mount Huangshan (China)
- Sun Temple, Konârak (India)
- Great Living Chola Temples (India)
- Khangchendzonga National Park (India)
- Cultural Landscape of Sintra (Portugal)
- Medieval Monuments in Kosovo (Serbia)
- Kluane / Wrangell-St. Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek (USA)
After I wrote last month about completing my Germany collection, I already have to reopen it. As expected, a new German UNESCO site was added this month, along with 20 other new sites overall. This also reopens my collections of Albania, Austria, Poland and Russia that I had previously completed. Overall, there are now 1073 UNESCO sites to collect. After recounting my collection I now have postcards of 671 UNESCO sites from 97 countries!